Below are some helpful websites that offer book club resources. Do you have a favourite book club website not listed here? If so, leave a comment and we'll add it to the list!
- Book Group Buzz: A Booklist Blog: provides resources and reading guides.
- Bookclubs.ca: Representing several Canadian publishers, this site provides resources for choosing which books to read, listings of upcoming author events, and instructions on hosting a book club. There's also a listing of book clubs across Canada, so be sure to submit yours!
- The Kids' Book Club: Inspiration for kids' book clubs.
- Litlovers: Book club tips and ideas, reading guides and reviews. They also offer some generic questions for fiction and non-fiction if you can't find a guide, as well as games and ice-breakers for your book club.
- Mother Daughter Book Club: Resources for running a mother/daughter book club.
- Oprah.com: Oprah's famous for her former talk show's book club, so naturally her website has tips and tricks for hosting a good book club. Examples include 9 Things Never to Say in a Book Club and 14 Ways Not to Kill Your Book Club.
- Penguin Book Club: Provides reader's guides to many of the books they publish, as well as some classics.
- Reading Group Choices: Book suggestions and ways to make your book club a bit more exciting, such as Music by the Book and Food by the Book.